The AGA Cooking School
The only one of its kind in North America, the AGA Cooking School has nearly a hundred years of combined experience in the world of AGA. We love food, family, fun and our AGAs, of course. Tap into Chef DeRo and crew’s years of experience and get on your way to cooking the AGA way.
Learn To Cook the AGA Way
Cooking on the AGA, a traditional cooker or a new Total Control is not like cooking on other ranges. It takes time and a bit of experimenting to get it right. Whether you are thinking of purchasing an AGA or have had one for years, our instruction will cut the learning curve and make AGA ownership more satisfying no matter what level of AGA cooking you’re at.
Our school started as a three-day course, but in recent years, the hectic pace of life has dictated shortening it to a two-day program. In two days, from breakfast to almost dinner time, we’ll pack in a large amount of techniques and instruction so you leave feeling like a pro.
The AGA Cooking School is Hands On!
The course is hands on, so you get plenty of AGA time. We keep the classes small, even holding a course for one person if necessary, so that you get all the personalized instruction possible. We’ll start in the morning and end mid to late afternoon, but don’t worry we’ll be making plenty of great food to keep you going all through the class!
What You’ll Learn in the AGA Cooking School
We’ve prepared an inclusive cooking class that will leave no question on how the AGA works. We start with the basics:
- Using the AGA cooker, from basics to pro tips and tricks. You’ll get it all from us, making this a great starter or continuing education course.
- Cooking the family favorites and classics. We teach you some everyday and some gourmet that way you’re prepared for anything when you’re back at the helm.
- “Re-programming.” Transitioning to an AGA from a conventional range can be a little daunting. We’ll teach you how to look at recipes and think about things the AGA way.
If you can only make it for one day or if you would prefer to do the original three-day experience, let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ready to get started?
Greater Asheville Area, North Carolina, USA
We’ve partnered with a student of the AGA Cooking School to schedule students to be invited into their kitchen to be instructed by us at our world renowned AGA Cooking School. Overlooking Mt. Pisgah, the scenic view and the classic 4-oven cooker churning out delicious foods will ensure you won’t want to ever leave.
We also are available to come to you. We’ve hopped in the car and hopped on a plane to get to a client. Contact us for more info.
The AGA Cooking School is located in Asheville, NC.
Chances are you’ve already heard about Asheville, NC. It’s been called the Paris of the South. It’s shown up in so many best places to live or visit lists that it’s hard to keep track of them all. A hub of culture and natural beauty, it is nestled in the mountains in the western corner of the state. Asheville is known for its laid-back atmosphere, vibrant art scene, and its good food and even better beer.
There’s a lot to do in Asheville besides eat and drink, though we wouldn’t blame you for sticking to just that. It’s world-renowned for its trout fishing, antique shops, hiking and biking and bird watching; basically if it’s an outdoor activity we’re known for it.
Interesting Asheville Links:
- Asheville Luxury Rentals: Want the full Asheville experience? Rent a luxury house, cabin, lodge, or loft. No one takes care of their properties like these guys do and one of them even has an AGA in it. Tell them we sent you!
- Biltmore Estate: A must see for historic home and garden lovers
- Grove Park Inn: If it’s history and luxury you’re after think about this world famous resort and spa, now owned by Omni Resorts.
- exploreasheville.com: Asheville Chamber of Commerce.
- asheville.com: Site for Asheville news and merchant info.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Running right through Asheville, it’s easy to take a drive and get the mountains perspective of our city.
- Hunter Banks Co.: Asheville’s best-know fly fishing shop and guide service.
- Curtis Wright Outfitters: Another fly fishing and guide service located in Biltmore Village.
- Black Dome Mountain Sports: Full service mountain shop.
- North Carolina Arboretum: Another must for garden lovers.
- The Corner Kitchen: A cozy favorite of ours nestled in historic Biltmore Village.
- Biltmore Village: This historic shopping and dining district is located directly across from the entrance to the Biltmore Estate.
- Asheville Ale Trail: A guide to Asheville’s growing list of breweries.
- Bent Creek Lodge: Close to the Arboretum right off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. This inn is chef owned and operated making for a tasty stay. This is a great place for the outdoor lover.
- The Sourwood Inn: Another great spot off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is a bit of a trek into town, it will take you around 30 minutes to get to downtown. But if you love the outdoors and want to have a true Asheville experience it’s worth checking out.